The Life and Times of an Albuquerque Nobody

an incomplete written version of my life

Friday, June 01, 2007

I hate my job!

I felt like just filling this up with 38 paragraphs of "I hate my job!" over and over, but it just wouldn't explain anything.
I almost feel like a rape victim. I feel like this job has taken away my ability to take care of myself financially. If it wasn't for the help of my mom, I wouldn't have been able to pay anything towards the rent.
I made a total of 18 dollars take home pay today. It figured out to be just over minimum wage hourly pay. This is not just today, this is a trend over months.
I was also called in early today because, "We have a 25 top coming in at 11 and you're gonna help with it! Get here early!" Fred says. I get there to help Patricia and one of the guests tells her something came up and only about 3 more people are going to show up on top of the 6 that are already there. We take apart the tables and reset them back into normal 4 tops just as about 7 more people and a baby show up. We had to use all four of Patricia's tables to seat a 13 person party. How sad. I told her it would be pointless for me to even bother helping with that party because we'd only make about 20 dollars each and it was not worth each of us being screwed.
My section took forever to be seated because I was in the back of the restaurant and nobody wanted to sit in the back of the restaurant. The people that did were campers. I had one woman come and sit at one of my tables for about 10 - 15 minutes before the other guests in her party arrived. They did not like that section so they all moved after I had gotten them drinks.
This is ridiculous.
I need a new job yesterday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thor said...

Dude, that sucks :(

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home