The Life and Times of an Albuquerque Nobody

an incomplete written version of my life

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Today I...

Tied all of the doors of Bravo closed and lit the building on fire trapping everyone inside. I giggled the whole time.
Ok, I didn't actually do this, just in my mind.

I bet you're thinking, "Wow! He must have had a wonderful day at work today!".
You're wrong!
I had the usual day at work.
Crappy.
I was working as a busser/food runner today. I thought it would be a good idea until I got to work. I started off by being late. No big deal. I got chairs down from tables and went to put out the mats at different side stations. The third mat I rolled out in front of our expo line had a little suprise inside for me though. I unrolled it and a big dust ball rolled out. And then it kept running. And then I realized it was a mouse. I tried to catch the bugger but it managed to escape... I grabbed the flashlight from the crash kit to check under a booth, only to find that it was totally prepared with no batteries. Very helpful in case of an emergency.
I gave up looking for the mouse after a while. The day went by slowly... Very slowly. There was not much to do for the first half of the day. People started to leave after a while and that gave me tables to bus. We also started to pick up which gave more food to be taken to tables also. I think I was working hard. I also thought the other busser was also. Apparently our manager Marissa did not think the same thing since she took both of us aside towards the end and told us that we were not doing a good enough job. She told me something about she feels bad making the servers tip me out and not thinking they should tip me. I really hate her.
I am finally able to leave, I head down to my car and find a note from the Uptown manager telling me I can not park in the underground parking where I've been. I hate her too. She's evil. Even on our most busy days, the underground parking doesn't even begin to fill up. More than half of the spaces are left empty, so I don't see what her big deal is anyway. So a customer has to walk two extra steps to get to one of the crappy shops in the Uptown center.
All I know is that tomorrow I am not even going to bother going in. I'm calling in for a mental health day.
I am so through with Bravo and Uptown.

3 Comments:

Blogger Thor said...

Mice totally freak me out, so you've already proven yourself braver than me for just looking for the damn thing after it scurried away. Nice job :P

6:42 PM  
Blogger NightRavyn said...

I wouldn't just blow the place off. as bad as it is, it is bringing in SOME money for now. Don't make it where there is NO money PERIOD ... Keep this job while you're trying to find something better... wuv u +^_^+

7:23 PM  
Blogger Thor said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've never EVER heard of anyone else that loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks like I did. I might have to make use of substitutiary locomotion and float on down to NM just to meet the only other person in the world that I think even saw the damn movie ;D

Oh, and Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion...yay. Mean Girls...yay. And when I was really young I used to want to be the Asian guy from The Goonies. You know, the one with the wicked-cool tool belt.

You have good taste in movies. (like me)

haha

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home